Pages

Sunday, August 3, 2014

This is not the life I mapped out...but it's good!!!!


This little girl is my sanity as young as she is, she knows this very well! Yesterday I was venting to one of my best friends and what does this cheeky little monkey do? She covers my mouth and says....shhhh! Can you believe it??? My kid told me to hush!!! Sadly, she was right. Even though I was just venting and needing to talk to someone about what has been bothering me, she knew there was a point that I needed to stop. This kid gets me even when I don't get myself LOL!!!!

I don't think, we as parents, give enough credit where credit is due when it comes to our children. They may not be able to express exactly what they really mean but what they are try to convey seems to come across quite loud and clear! 

Our children hear what we say, even when we don't want them to hear; they see what is in front of them and they feel what we feel even as we try to protect them. Many times in life we have a game plan and 9 times out of 10 it gets blown through the water. Or maybe that's just my luck LOL So we as parents just pick ourselves up, dust off and come up with a new game plan to keep going forward. I've learned that with kids, there is no time to stop, complain, get mad, stomp around and not deal with it. You have to keep going forward no matter what! All of us as parents have a plan, or some idea of what we are trying to accomplish, set out in front of us. For most, it works the way we want. For others, not so much and that is where you have to kick it up a notch and chug even harder forward. You can't stop, it's not an option.

One of the things that I have learned from having my daughter is that there is never, ever a guarantee that life will be okay. It will be a ton of ups and downs, sideways and twists and turns. I thought I was emotional enough on my own, but you add someone that looks to me as if the sun rises and sets in me and that's a lot of damn pressure that I really wasn't prepared for. But I have no choice, I have to be prepared and try not to let her down. Now here is the the really crappy time for parents. Feeling as if you let your kid(s) down because of life changing all the time. I have learned, even before I had mine, that kids are resilient. More resilient than we give them credit for. Just because they haven't reached all of life's lessons at the time they start teaching us lessons, does not mean we shouldn't take direction from them. We never want our kids to suffer for anything but sometimes you have to take a step back, regroup, refocus and move forward. The key here is keep moving forward and never stop. They depend on us!!

When life throws whatever proverbial fruit in your direction, remember.....don't duck! Catch the fruit, get your kid(s), talk about the changes that are happening and make some fruit juice!!!! And maybe add a touch of tolerant liquid just to make it a tad smoother for you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment