Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2014

A Preview of You...Boy How Right I Was!!!



I was going through some old files and file holders and came across some rather interesting items.  I finally found my copy of my birth certificate(thank God!), some cards and correspondence that still holds meaning for me and then the one thing I had completely forgot about.  My letter to you, my crazy, kooky little one. 

I had signed up for a mommy-to-be yoga class and I really should have done more but with I really wasn't able to.  I truly enjoyed the class and even though I was given a small sprout to grow, as you were growing, I unfortunately am not a green thumb like your grandmother and great-grandmother!  In the class, we did lots of poses to help keep us limber and flexible for the upcoming entry of our lovely little bundles of joy!  Also we did some guided meditations which is where the letter comes into play.  Re-reading this brought a smile to my face and brought me back to this very day.  Here's what it said:

What I wish for you is to be strong in mind and spirit.  Take car of you before you take care of anyone else.  Be loving and kind.  Never let those get the best of you.  I want you to be adventurous and curious to learn as much as you can.  I want you to never want for any love, support, nurturing nor care.  You are to know that you are loved and you are wanted.  Stay positive and anything you want will come to you.  It won't be easy but you will not be alone.  I will be with you every step of the way.  I want you to know I feel blessed to have been gifted you.  I love you.  Always and a day.

Then we were asked to list a couple of things that I would hope that you would be born with.  Boy, did I ever hit it on the head!!:  

I want you to be feisty, strong-willed, well-mannered and most of all....your own person.

It really is kind of neat to see how much of something that you just think of actually comes to light once you were born and started growing up.  I do hope that you continue to be feisty, within a measure of your mother's sanity; strong-willed, but also understanding when you need to back down and compromise; well-mannered, you are always a pleasure to be around and I know you will grown into a lovely young lady; and most of all....for you to be your own person.  I wish this most of all and I do hope that over time, you are able to conquer any setbacks or possible persuasion that you will come across in life.  It matters not what others think of you.  It only matters what and how you think and carry yourself.  If you can remember that, then you will have conquered half of what life is.


No comments:

Post a Comment